Homeownership is the American Dream, right? Owning a place to call home, being able to paint the walls purple if you want, having your very own backyard— that’s what everyone wants, isn’t it? The reality is there are pros and cons for buying a house. Understanding them can help you make the best decision for your goals. We feel that there are so many great reasons to buy a home in Asheville NC & here are just a few tips to help you along the way.
Pros for Buying an Asheville NC Home
Some of these might seem obvious, but there are 3 main reasons to buy a home:
1. Financial Advantages – A home is an asset that should appreciate over time and provide wealth-building opportunities.
2. Pride of Ownership – As a homeowner, you control the environment in which you live. If you want those purple walls or granite countertop….you can do it.
3. Roots – Regardless of whether you have children, there is a natural desire to be part of a community: to have a local coffee shop, dry cleaners, bar.
Cons for Buying
As with all things, there are considerations which mean this isn’t the right time to buy a home—there are upsides and downsides to every life decision and here are few cons for buying an Asheville home:
1. Increased Monthly Costs – While not always the case, in most instances you’re monthly mortgage will be larger than comparable rent. Maintenance expenses and repairs also add up when you own a home.
2. Freedom – A renter can move from one city or state to another very easily which allows you to move when you need/want to. You don’t have to worry about putting the property up for sale and finding new owners.
3. Upkeep – You are responsible for the repairs and upkeep of the property when you buy. Unexpected problems can become quite expensive if you are unprepared.
There are some wonderful reasons to buy a home in Asheville NC! Before you decide that it’s time to buy, give some thought to your lifestyle and goals—if they are in line with the advantages of homeownership, then it’s time to go house hunting! Get in touch with a local Asheville Real Estate Agent to begin your homebuying journey.
About Asheville Realty Group
Asheville Realty Group is a boutique brokerage firm offering full-service real estate services. We have locally experienced agents who specialize in residential homes, luxury homes, country-side acreage and everything in between. We love Asheville and the surrounding mountain communities that we call home!
We would love to hear from you! Please fill out this form and we will get in touch with you shortly.