During the past couple of months, families have been asked to stay at home. It can be challenging to keep everyone entertained when we aren’t able to go out of the house except to work in essential jobs, enjoy fresh air, and get groceries. Luckily, there are plenty of fun activities that the entire family can do together at home. Here are a few to inspire your own family to make lasting memories while spending quality time together at home.
1. Movie Night—This is a simple activity that everyone will enjoy. Every time you have a movie night, let a different family member pick their favorite. That way, everyone will have a turn choosing something to watch in the coming weeks. Better yet, consider a movie marathon over the weekend and allow each family member to choose one leg of the marathon. Don’t forget to bring popcorn and treats. In fact, make it part of the activity and make a delicious treat as a family to share during the movie.
2. Homemade Pizza—Many families have a tradition of ordering pizza once a week (or when no one feels like cooking). Do things a little different while you’re all at home together and learn to make pizza at home. Choose one type that everyone enjoys, or let everyone make a personal-sized pizza and add whatever toppings they’d like. Learning to make pizza at home is also an excellent opportunity to teach your kids a new skill.
3. Backyard Camping—Just because you can’t go out on vacation doesn’t mean you can’t have a family outing in nature. Involve the whole family in setting up the tents and sleeping bags in your yard. Have a campfire, sing songs, tell stories, and roast marshmallows. Before bed, take some time to admire the stars. The best part is that everyone can get ready for bed in the house, and it’ll be easy to make a delicious breakfast when everyone wakes up in the morning.
4. Dance Party—Make a playlist of your family members’ favorite songs. Gather together in one room and dance to your new playlist. It’ll be a great way to laugh together and let go of any stress you may be feeling at the moment. It’s also a great way to get moving and get some exercise!
5. Art Night—Bring out the crayons, pencils, watercolors, and paper. Come up with a theme, such as summertime, animal friends, or family portraits. It’ll be fun to see what everyone comes up with while allowing them to get creative.
6. Play Ball—Find a ball, any ball…and play with it! Grab a football and work on your spiral, it will come in handy later in life. Playing a casual game of basketball gets everyone involved. You can grab a mitt and play catch with a baseball or softball. These activities seems basic but they build muscle memory for coordination and they are fun. A beach-ball can easily be tapped in the air by people of all ages. Challenge your family to count how many times you can keep one in the air…our current record is 355!
During an uncertain time, it can be challenging to know how to keep your entire family entertained. However, it’s the perfect opportunity to make memories and do things that you don’t always have time to do together. Cherish these fleeting moments with your loved ones.
Here’s our only biz pitch for this week’s blog. If you have found that your current home is just not quite right and you need more space, less space or different space, call us! Asheville Realty Group is here to help and find you a home that works for you and your family.
Blog compiled by Erin Secretarski, an agent at Asheville Realty Group
About Asheville Realty Group
Asheville Realty Group is a boutique brokerage firm offering full-service real estate services. We have locally experienced agents who specialize in residential homes, luxury homes, country-side acreage and everything in between. We love Asheville and the surrounding mountain communities that we call home!
Get in touch with us today by filling out the form below or give us a call at 828-252-1910