Asheville is the largest city in western North Carolina, and continues to grow steadily. It is a popular destination for baby boomers who have spent years dreaming of having a home in the mountains. By far the most famous home in Asheville is the Biltmore Estate. To check out some of the most popular retirement communities in Asheville click here.
Just as our experience of nature is intimate, visitors to The North Carolina Arboretum in Asheville, NC, connect with plants in personal ways that are as diverse and rich as the land itself. Whether you enjoy strolling through gardens, exploring exhibits, enriching your mind or hiking and biking, the Arboretum offers activities for all ages, including:
- A 434-acre natural treasure with 65 acres of cultivated gardens and 10 miles of hiking and biking trails
- Engaging indoor and outdoor exhibits that cultivate connections between people and plants
- One of the finest, most unique bonsai collections in the United States at the Bonsai Exhibition Garden
- Activities such as Discovery Day Packs and special events that delight the senses for all ages
- Regional offerings and unique items at the gift shop
- Enriching adult and youth education programs
Check the Home for the Holidays calendar of events for times and locations of many other events or for regional events click on calendar. Come Home for the Holidays to Hendersonville, North Carolina. Discover an old fashioned holiday with small town charm, sprinkled with excitement and nostalgic atmosphere.