Fall is upon us!
Fall in Asheville is full of beautiful color and tons of fall festivals. I kicked the season off by volunteering at the Blue Ridge Pride Festival and it got me thinking about all of the wonderful events coming up. Part of the magic of this season is the opportunity to connect with the local community. Asheville has something to offer for everyone, check out our curated list below to find fun for the whole family this fall.
Top 3 Hikes to See Local Color :
Graveyard Fields Loop Hike
– Traditionally, Graveyard Fields is one of the first places to see fall color (beginning last week of September into the first week of October) on the Blue Ridge Parkway near Asheville. This relatively easy, family-friendly hike offers the chance to see multiple waterfalls framed by fall color. From the parking area, enjoy mountain vistas of autumn color.
Rough Ridge on the Tanawha Trail
– Hike to majestic views of the High Country on the way to Rough Ridge’s famous rocky summit. Fall foliage appears here near the high-elevation summit in early fall but Rough Ridge makes a perfect vantage point throughout the season to see sweeping views of the color moving into the valleys below.
Beacon Heights Trail
– This quick hike delivers a big payoff. From one lookout, see how the autumn colors perfectly frame Grandfather Mountain. From a lookout facing the other direction, survey layers of mountain ridges. Beacon Heights is another high-elevation spot that tends to see fall color early in the season.
Top Fall Festivals and Events :
Eliada Fall Festival and Corn Maze
September 30 – October 30, 2022 (Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays only)
– Enjoy family fun and make memories all while helping local children! One hundred percent of the proceeds from the Eliada Corn Maze goes towards helping the children at Eliada Home. In addition to the Maze, take a spin on the giant jumping pillow, fire the corn canons or go for a tractor ride.
Asheville Vegan Fest
October 2, 2022 | Pack Square, Downtown Asheville
– Asheville is known as one of the nation’s best cities for vegans, with plentiful options at local restaurants and strong culture. This outdoor festival celebrates the vegan lifestyle with food trucks, clothing and artisan booths showcasing the best there is on the vegan market.
Craft Fair of the Southern Highlands
October 13 – 16, 2022 | Harris Cherokee Center – Asheville
– Showcasing the finest artwork of nearly 200 craftspeople from around the region, this four-day festival offers a unique opportunity to watch artists practice their craft in live demonstrations. Live music also helps set the stage for this event, which features work across every medium, including clay, glass, fiber, paper, wood, jewelry, leather and metal.
Beaverdam Studio Tour
October 29 – 30, 2022 | Beaverdam Community, North Asheville
– The artists working in Beaverdam Valley—plus 3 guest artists—are excited to welcome visitors to see their work, talk with them, and offer handmade art and craft for sale. Media include ceramics, painting, jewelry, sculpture, textiles, paper art, photography, and more.
River Arts District Annual Studio Stroll
November 12 – 13, 2022 | River Arts District
– The Annual Studio Stroll in Asheville’s River Arts District is a two-day extravaganza no to be missed. Two FREE trolleys will be available on both days to transport guests. Meet Asheville’s leading artists in their studios, seek out gallery receptions, enjoy food and drink options, and more!
Guest contributor, ARG agent Amanda Cleveland 828.222.0278
We would love to hear from you! Please fill out this form and we will get in touch with you shortly.
About Asheville Realty Group
Asheville Realty Group is a boutique brokerage firm offering full-service real estate services. We have locally experienced agents who specialize in residential homes, luxury homes, investment properties, country-side acreage and everything in between. We love Asheville and the surrounding western North Carolina mountain communities that we call home!
Leave a Reply