While we definitely have it good in the mountains of Western North Carolina, the summer heat is here and it may seem like your air conditioners has been running almost constantly. Your air conditioner is an important part of your home, and you certainly don’t want to discover that it’s stopped working on a hot, humid day. Here are five of the most common HVAC problems and how to avoid them in the first place so you can enjoy your air conditioning all summer long.
1. Clogged Drain Lines – Your air conditioner has a drain line attached to the evaporator coil which removes moisture from the air. Clogged lines can create a back-flow into the unit, causing damage. You can clear these lines periodically with a wet-dry vacuum.
2. Leaking Refrigerant – Refrigerant leaks are typically caused by low levels of refrigerant, which prevent absorbed liquid from converting to gas, causing build-up and damage.
3. Faulty Capacitor – Your air conditioner has two capacitors that keep the compressor functioning properly. If one of these burns out, the entire unit can malfunction. Regular servicing by a professional can ensure these continue to work properly.
4. Thermostat Malfunctions – Issues with the thermostat inside your home can often be the culprit responsible when your air conditioner is not working properly. Simply replacing the batteries in your thermostat regularly can solve many problems with the HVAC system.
5. Blown Fuse – The most common reason for a blown fuse is an obstruction that blocks airflow. Replacing a dirty air filter is an inexpensive way to ensure proper operation.
Summer is in full swing in Asheville and our air conditioners are working harder than ever. Ensure your system operates at its best by checking your system for these common problems before they create a larger issue. If you need a recommendation for an HVAC group, we have lots of relationships with a variety of incredible businesses in our area, call us today and we can connect you! 828-252-1910!
About Asheville Realty Group
Asheville Realty Group is a boutique brokerage firm offering full-service real estate services. We have locally experienced agents who specialize in residential homes, luxury homes, country-side acreage and everything in between. We love Asheville and the surrounding mountain communities that we call home!
Get in touch with us today by filling out the form below or give us a call at 828-252-1910
We would love to hear from you! Please fill out this form and we will get in touch with you shortly.