New Construction vs Existing Home
When you’re looking for a new home, there is so much to consider. One big choice to make is whether new construction is the best option. Western NC has so few resale houses on the market that we are seeing a surge in people buying land for new construction – now or in the future.
Not only that, but local custom builders are thriving, despite increased material costs and delays. Asheville has so many fantastic builders to choose from. If you’re planning a trip here, you could plan around the upcoming 2021 Parade of Homes to see some of them. The Asheville area is even seeing an increase in semi-custom and national homebuilders’ new home starts.
New construction embraces beautiful current designs in both living spaces and exterior details. It’s appealing to have the ability to choose your flooring, countertops, cabinets, lighting, and other features—moving into a home no one has ever lived in. Yet, there are also good reasons to consider a resale home as well. Understanding the advantages of each, you can decide if new construction is right for your needs.
Brand New Construction Home Advantages
- Everything is new, fresh, modern, and likely includes the latest design trends.
- Appliances and windows will be energy efficient and include all the
- Homebuyers will also find little need to budget for repairs since everything is
new and should include a warranty.
- Obsolescence and the need for updating are that much farther off in the future if you’re buying brand new. This makes for a good investment.
Existing Home Advantages
- A resale home can offer great value to homebuyers. For example, the home will already have landscaping, utilities, and upgrades installed, saving out-of-pocket costs.
- With current building material shortages, the cost of building a new custom home is now well over $300 per square foot in Asheville.
- Resale homes also tend to have larger lots in established neighborhoods, and offer uniqueness and individuality not found as often in planned communities.
- Property taxes may be lower because the infrastructure is already in place.
- Finally, you, the buyer can easily research schools, safety, and amenities which
may still be under construction in new developments.
Both new construction and resale homes have benefits. If you are in the market for a new
home, consult with your Asheville Realty Group Realtor® and compare real costs and benefits. Knowing the difference can save you money and time. We also have many excellent local Asheville builders and construction loan providers in our professional network, and we would be happy to introduce you. Let us help you pursue the right home for your needs and lifestyle.
About Asheville Realty Group
Asheville Realty Group is a boutique brokerage firm offering full-service real estate services. We have locally experienced agents who specialize in residential homes, luxury homes, country-side acreage and everything in between. We love Asheville and the surrounding mountain communities that we call home!
Get in touch with us today by filling out the form below or give us a call at 828-252-1910
We would love to hear from you! Please fill out this form and we will get in touch with you shortly.
Leave a Reply